Wednesday 8 January 2014

Finish-A-Long update Q4 2013

So my quarter 4 To Do list for Leanne's Finish-A-Long included 3 quilts and 4 smaller projects.  I thought adding in the smaller projects would get me past the 2/5 I accomplished in the previous quarter and it worked!  Plus getting that bit closer to my goal really motivated me to finish at least one of my carryovers.  Nothing like a deadline to prompt some action!

Here's how I got on.

Carryovers:

  • Halloween quilt - done!  It was a late finish (completed last Friday!). 

  • A Dog's Life Applique Project - done!  I used the first panel and added section 3 from Lynette Anderson's pattern to make a mini quilt for Schnitzel & Boo's mini quilt swap.
  • Panel number 2 I was going to turn into a lumbar cushion for the sofa but didn't quite get there this time,  Still looks like this:
Maybe next quarter!

New Projects:


  • Penny Sampler Quilt from course with Stitched in Color.  I managed to work on it all the way up to Christmas and then other things took priority, so no finish time.  This one is going to be a carryover to Q1 2014 for sure.  I love this project, a very different way of looking at a sampler!





  • Christmas Lone Star lap quilt.  Well this was intended for my Aunt and Uncle who had a red feature wall in their front room.  Just before Christmas they redecorated so I'm not sure this fits anymore.   I'm putting it away until later on in the year!
  • Christmas Table Runner.  This one I did finish!  I made it for the Modern Irish Quilter's Christmas Swap and it was great fun.  Love this fabric range Joy by Kate Spain for Moda.


  • Finally I wanted a cushion out of my fussy cut squares I received on Amanda's swap at What the Bobbin.  I received these lovely 4.5" squares,  
and made this cheery cushion for my sofa.  Starting a collection of handmade cushions here!
Apologies for the odd lighting.  I'm sick with a horrible headcold and not risking venturing out in this winter weather for a daylight photo today!  So that's 4/7, an improvement on last year.  Now to think about the next list for this quarter!  Linking up to 
she can quilt

2 comments:

  1. Love, love how the fussy square pillow turned out. Super cute! You've been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you have been busy! Such a variety of projects and all so lovely.
    Happy New Year Ruth, but more importantly happy sewing for 2014
    Mary.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! I reply by email or within the thread if you are a noreply blogger so check back. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...