Saturday 20 July 2013

Quilt Math

I have a Tutorial's page!  I'm still working on my 4 houses cushion that I will post as my first pattern tutorial but in the mean time I've been taking the Writers Bureau course and before I get to the fiction section there is quite a bit of non-fiction.  The first two assignments are 1500 and 2000 word articles for a particular magazine or market so I chose the quilting world (of course!) and chose Quilter's mathematics as my subject.  I've posted both assignments on my Tutorial page if anyone is interested.

Part 1 covers popular quilt sizes from mug rugs to King size, Half Square Triangles and the 7/8" rule, Quarter Square Triangles and setting square blocks on point.

Part 2 covers deconstructing a block in order to change the block size.  I cover double 9 patch, simplified LeMoyne Star, Ohio Star and applique blocks.

There will be a part 3 but its a WIP at the moment.  Any feedback much appreciated.  Hope they are of use!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are most welcome! I reply by email or within the thread if you are a noreply blogger so check back. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...